The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Cateran Pty Ltd (ABN 71 065 347 266) (Cateran) provides the following warranty in relation to its turbocharger product (Turbocharger).
Cateran warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, all parts of the manufacture and assembly of the Turbocharger will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 36 months or 100,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first), from the date of delivery of the Turbocharger to the original end user customer (Customer), provided the Customer or original installation workshop (Installation Workshop) can produce a dated copy of the original installation invoice (Warranty Period).
Cateran also warrants, for the Warranty Period, that the Turbocharger will comply with the technical requirements of the standard OEM engine for which the Turbocharger is listed on the applicable data sheet.
If a defect specified above appears in the Turbocharger before the end of the Warranty Period, and Cateran finds the Turbocharger to be so defective, Cateran will in its sole discretion either:
1. replace the Turbocharger or the defective part of the Turbocharger free of charge; or
2. repair the Turbocharger or the defective part of the Turbocharger free of charge (or cause it to be so repaired).
Cateran reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Turbocharger with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Turbocharger.
1. The Customer should register the installation of the Turbocharger on their vehicle via mail using the document provided with the Turbocharger, or online at www.cateran.net.au.
2. To make a warranty claim, the Customer, or the Installation Workshop, should notify the distributor from whom they purchased the Turbocharger (Distributor) of any purported failure, using a Return for Credit (RFC) form which can be downloaded at www.cateran.net. au.
3. Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
a. proof of purchase;
b. full details of the Turbocharger as shown on the product nameplate;
c. full details of the alleged defect and the events leading up to it; and
d. appropriate documentation (i.e. installation and maintenance records).
4. The RFC form and Turbocharger must be returned to the Distributor within 30 days of the Customer’s or Installation Workshop’s discovery of the alleged failure. The Customer must bear the cost of the transport of the Turbocharger to and from the Distributor, and all insurance of the Turbocharger.
5. Upon receipt of the RFC form and Turbocharger, the Distributor will contact Cateran by forwarding the RFC. If Cateran considers the warranty claim justified, then within 72 hours of receipt, Cateran will authorise the repair or replacement of the Turbocharger or part thereof (as appropriate).
6. Should physical inspection of the Turbocharger be required by Cateran, the Distributor will be notified and Cateran will pay the cost of ground transport shipping charges.
7. A Turbocharger which is required to be returned to Cateran, must be returned within 30 days of the date of the RFC.
The warranty will not apply where:The Turbocharger has been used on an engine, vehicle or vehicle application other than as has been listed on the relevant data sheet;
Installation of the Turbocharger has been undertaken by an individual/individuals without nationally recognised automotive mechanical repair qualifications.
The engine or vehicle has been operated outside of its specified limits and operating parameters (including pressures, rotational speeds or temperatures) as specified by its manufacturer;
There has been installation, repair, maintenance, alteration, modification (including “increased performance tuning”), overhaul, operation, use or storage which is improper, outside of acceptable industry standards and tolerances, or outside of the recommendations and specifications of the engine or vehicle manufacturer;
The Turbocharger has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Cateran or an authorised repair agent;
The Turbocharger is used in racing or competition vehicles of any kind;
Cateran cannot establish any fault in the Turbocharger after testing and inspection;
The alleged defect in the Turbocharger has arisen due to the Customer’s request to customise the Turbocharger;
The alleged defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect, accident, contamination or foreign object damage;
Unauthorised parts or accessories have been used on or in relation to the Turbocharger;
The alleged defect has arisen as a result of the manner of installation to the Customer’s vehicle; or the alleged defect is within acceptable industry variances.
This warranty does not extend to damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear, including any failure of the Turbocharger to meet calibration settings as outlined in the engine or vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. It is the Installation Workshop’s responsibility to ensure that the engine or vehicle on which the Turbocharger is installed meets emission standards and any other relevant manufacturer requirements
Cateran makes no express warranties or representations other than as set out in this warranty.
The repair or replacement of the Turbocharger or part of the Turbocharger is the absolute limit of Cateran’s liability under this express warranty.
Have questions about your own warranty?